MEMBERSHIP TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This agreement commences:
- As soon as you have indicated your acceptance of the centre membership, your membership starts immediately.
- You will be entitled to all the rights and privileges exercisable for the type of Membership chosen.
- You cannot transfer this agreement to anyone else.
REGISTRATION, FEES AND CHARGES
- By agreeing and paying your initial registration fee you agree to become an Action Petz member. Your membership with Action Petz becomes official on the date you choose to register with us and carries on independently of the type of membership you choose.
- All memberships incur a registration fee. This fee covers all the dogs living in the same household that are being registered at the same time.
- One-time access memberships require the payment of centre specific entry fees every visit.
- The Registration Fee (if one is payable) and first months’ membership fees are collected from you by us either by Debit / Credit card at the time of purchase. Registration fees are applied to cover the initial administrative costs associated with setting up a new membership and your dog’s temperament assessment.
- In accordance with our safety policies all dogs, regardless of membership type, are required to have a temperament reassessment on an annual basis. The cost of the annual reassessment is £10 per year per household. If during your membership term you add an additional dog(s) to your household additional temperament checks also cost £10. Newly adopted dogs over 3 months of age must have lived with you for a least one month before they are registered and permitted entry.
- Your second recurring card payment for your Monthly membership fee only will be collected one month after you joined. Subsequent recurring card payments for monthly membership fees will be collected monthly thereafter. Each payment made is not refundable under any circumstances.
- If you fail to pay any amount due under this agreement for a period of more than thirty days, then we may pass the debt onto a third-party company for collection. The reasonable costs incurred in employing the third-party company will be borne by you including costs in tracing you should you have changed your address without telling us.
- If you fail to pay any monies due under this agreement or if any payment is returned unpaid or any cheque is returned unpaid or if any other form of payment is not honoured for whatever reason, you shall pay us on demand an administration fee of £25.
- From time to time Action Petz may need to increase the price of membership and associated services. We will give you at least 1 full months’ notice of any upcoming price increase and we will make it clear when the price increase will take effect and how much your membership will cost after the increase. During this period, you will have your usual right to terminate your membership in accordance with the membership terms and conditions. If you do not terminate the membership by the date given to you in the notice then the price of your membership will be increased in accordance with our notice.
- You agree to advise us immediately of any change to the membership details provided.
- Registered dog owners must be 18 years of age or older.
- A £5.99 monthly charge is applied if you freeze your membership. Your membership can be on freeze for a maximum of 3 months after which your membership will automatically be un-frozen and will revert back to your monthly rate. Freeze only applies to monthly memberships and will start from your payment date. Please be aware this must be actioned at least 3 working days prior to your payment date.
- You agree to comply with the Rules of Membership which are displayed prominently in the Centre and relate to the use of facilities and your conduct. We may make reasonable changes to these rules at any time provided we give you advance notice of the change.
- If we take no action or let you off any breach of this agreement or give you extra time to pay or comply, it will not stop us enforcing the terms of this agreement strictly at a future date.
- We may assign the benefit of this agreement and our rights thereunder to a third party on notice to you. Your rights under this agreement will not be prejudiced.
- We may terminate this agreement with immediate effect on notice to you if you are in breach of the Centre Rules. In this event, you will not be liable to pay any further payments to us, provided such breach is not deemed by us to have occurred primarily in order to qualify you for a refund.
- We reserve the right to withdraw all or any part of our facilities for short periods of time to carry out routine maintenance and for exhibitions/events. Members will be given advance warning of these times and no refunds will apply in these circumstances provided they occasion no more than 10 times in any 12-month period. If other circumstances occur that are beyond our control and require the closure of whole or part of the facility for more than 7 days in any 12-month period, your membership may be frozen for the period of time that the centre/area is closed.
- We accept NO liability for lost or stolen goods whilst on our premises unless as a direct result of our negligence. Property left unattended is done so at your own risk. Cars parked outside the premises and all contents in them are your responsibility and we will not accept liability for loss or damage to them.
- In enrolling at Action Petz, members understand that using Action Petz and the facilities does so at his/her and the dog or dogs’ own risk. Action Petz and its owners, employees or agents, shall not be liable for any damage whatsoever arising from any personal injury or property loss sustained to the participant including his/her family/guests in or about any programs on the premises. Participants and dog owners assume full responsibility for all injuries and damages which occur in or about the premises, He/She does hereby fully and forever release discharged hold harmless Action Petz, all associated facilities and its owner, employees, and agents from any and all claims, demands, damages or rights of action, present or future resulting from any person’s participation in any programs or use of the facility.
- Exempt dogs under BSL (Breed Specific Legislation) are not permitted entry.
- By becoming an Action Petz member you agree and give Action Petz consent to store yours and your dog(s) personal details provided to us by you via our membership registration form. You are required to notify us of any changes to your personal and/or contact details, including your name, address and telephone numbers. You are also required to notify us immediately of any changes to your dog’s health, and medical history including any changes to your dog’s behaviour or temperament. Action Petz will never pass on or sell your personal information. Your membership information is stored in a secure database, we use this data for you and your dog(s) to gain access to our centre and to administer your membership account. At Action Petz we take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to
- Administer your membership account.
- Provide you with the services you have requested from us.
- Ensure you gain access to our facility.
- Ensure all dogs in our centre enjoy a safe stay.
- Consent: I the undersigned parent/ dog owner or guardian/participant do hereby grant authority to the staff at Action Petz to render a judgement concerning medical assistance or hospital /veterinary care in the event of an accident or illness during my absence and all associated costs will be my responsibility. I do hereby authorise Action Petz and its assigns to utilise any and all photographs, pictures or other likenesses of me or anyone/dog assigned guardianship to me, as they deem appropriate in its promotional materials or team films.
- Should you wish to cancel your membership you are required to provide the Action Petz centre at which you are registered one months’ written notice. Written notices of cancellation can be provided via e-mail or letter.
- In the above circumstances, your membership will remain in force until the day before your next payment is due, at which point it will automatically terminate.
- If you cancel your monthly membership giving one months’ notice under the present Terms and Conditions and you wish to re-join at a later date, you will be required to pay the joining fee as well as the membership fee at the current price of the centre you have chosen on the day you re-join.
All memberships are NON-REFUNDABLE. In exceptional circumstances, you may be entitled to a full or partial refund of your membership only at the discretion of the centre manager and if there are reasonable grounds shown upon which a refund is the fairest and best solution for both you and us.
TRAINING CLASSES TERMS AND CONDITIONS
(OBEDIENCE, AGILITY, FLYBALL & SCENT TRAINING)
Thank you for joining our fantastic dog training classes! We want classes to be fun and relaxed and a safe environment for you and your dog – to ensure that this is possible, we ask that you follow the terms and conditions listed below. By making the payment you acknowledge that you have read, understood and fully accept our terms and conditions.
- General Conditions
- Please arrive at classes in good time, 5-10 minutes before the class is due to start and ensure you toilet your dog in our suitable toileting areas before the class is due to begin.
- You will be expected to clean up after your dog. Action Petz provides dog waste bags, a designated dog waste bin as well as mops and buckets for you to clean thoroughly after your dog.
- Please also bring the items recommended in your confirmation email, for example, tasty treats.
- All dogs should attend class wearing a collar and ID tag as required by law.
- Dogs must be kept on leads at all times unless otherwise directed by the trainer.
- Any items that may cause pain or discomfort to your dog will not be allowed in class e.g. choke chains or half choke chains. Please discuss alternatives with the trainer prior to the classes commencing.
- You are welcome to bring family members to class as it’s great for all the family to be involved in dog training, but children must be kept occupied so as not to disrupt the classes. This may mean that two adults need to be present with multiple children. Please discuss with the trainer, the number and ages of children you would like to bring along.
- If you are a park member and wish to use the park before or after class, you must inform the Action Petz team and check-in at the main reception. We regret to inform that non-Action Petz members, are unable to use the park facilities.
- Vaccinations & Health Considerations
- All dogs attending agility classes must be at least 12 months of age.
- All dogs attending our classes should be fully vaccinated, have up to date boosters and be in good health. By agreeing to these terms and conditions it is assumed that you have taken advice from your vet that it is safe for your dog to attend.
- For non-members of Action Petz, you will be required to bring up to date vaccination records to your first session. Please note your dog will not be able to attend the first class if you forget to bring your dog’s vaccination card. Please respect that this is for the health and safety of the other canine participants.
- If your dog has signs of discharge (eyes, nose, mouth, genitals) coughing, vomiting, diarrhoea, fleas, ticks or open wounds, please do not bring them to class. Let your trainer know that you will be unable to attend. This prevents cross-infection as well as the worsening of your dog’s condition.
- Dog owners are responsible for keeping their dog under control at all times. Dogs are not allowed to invade the space of other dogs in the training class area, to charge other dogs or people. Disruptive dogs may be asked to leave the class and take a timeout if the handler is unable to control the dog in a reasonable length of time.
- If a dog’s behaviour is deemed as unsafe by either the trainer or the dog owner him/herself, the dog will be excused and removed from the course. Refunds will not be given for dogs that are removed due to unsafe behaviour. Action Petz will be happy to assist owners/handlers in finding additional training opportunities to work on control if needed so that the dog can return to training.
- Some barking in class is to be expected. However, owners/handlers should make every attempt to keep dogs as non-disruptive as possible.
- Bitches in season are not allowed in class. No refund is given if a dog comes into season during the session. A credit for the missed weeks may be given. Such request must be in writing to the Centre Manager and must be received no later than one week after the first missed class.
- Reactive dogs and dogs affected by fear aggression are not allowed in our classes. By enrolling their dog in our training classes dog owners acknowledge that their dog is not reactive/fear aggressive. Dog owners/handlers that fail to comply with these terms by bringing a reactive dog to our training classes will be asked to leave the premises and no refund will be given.
- You accept that in this environment, there is always a possibility that your dog will contract an illness from another dog and we cannot accept responsibility as such. You understand that the use of Action Petz for training classes means that you are taking certain risks of injury to yourself, your guests, your dog(s) and your property. You accept and understand that when dogs are around strange people and other dogs, some accidents or injuries may result and that dogs, people, and property might be injured or damaged. Because you want you and your dog to undertake training at Action Petz, you hereby agree to assume these risks for yourself, your guests, your dog(s) and your property. You agree that it is solely your responsibility to determine whether Action Petz itself and any situation involving other members, guests and dogs is safe for yourself, your guests, your dog(s) and your property. In exchange for the opportunity to undertake training classes at Action Petz you hereby release and discharge Action Petz and its officers, directors, shareholders, property landlord or appointees or representative and employees from all liability, claims, demands, causes of action, loss damage or injury to person or property, including any death or serious injury which may result while you or your guests or your dog(s) are at Action Petz. You also agree to be responsible for your guests and your dog(s) and for any liability caused by you, your guests and your dogs. You further agree to hold harmless and indemnify Action Petz for any claims, causes of action or lawsuits asserted against Action Petz, or its officers, directors, members, and employees that are asserted because of any action or inaction of you, your guests, or your dog(s). This indemnification shall include the costs of actual lawyer/solicitor fees and costs.
- Payments, Refunds and Cancellations
- Full payment must be made in advance to confirm your space on the course, payment details are provided in the welcome letter.
- We require 10 days’ notice of cancellation to issue you with a full refund. If you cancel within 10 days, we are unable to give a refund.
- Please ensure that all vaccinations will be in place including the minimum 7 days or any time following the vaccinations that your vet may recommend by the start of your dog’s first session as this cannot be considered as a reason for a refund. If possible, we will defer your start date to a future class, if this is appropriate.
- Payment is for the course in its entirety, you will not be able to claim any full or partial refunds for any missed lessons.
- If it is deemed that the class environment is unsuitable for your dog, we will discuss alternative options with you. If you have failed to divulge any information during the booking process that is the reason that the class is unsuitable (such a dog showing reactivity or a dog having medical issues, etc), you will not be entitled to a refund or the offer of alternative arrangements.
- If a course is cancelled unexpectedly by the trainer, you will be offered a place on a future course, if this is not convenient for you, you will be entitled to a full refund.
- If a class is cancelled unexpectedly by the trainer, an alternative date will be arranged. If you are unable to attend, you will be offered a partial refund proportionate of a single class.
- Your trainer may terminate tuition if your conduct falls below the level acceptable to maintain the health of safety of yourself, your dog or others on the course. No refund will be offered in these circumstances.
- Data Protection
- The services involve us collecting, using or holding or otherwise processing any Data obtained from you which is personal data (including but not limited to your name and address) we shall only do so with your express consent and in accordance with any lawful instructions reasonably given by you from time to time and the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1988 and your rights under that Act and these Terms and Conditions:
- We may use your personal information to provide our services to you.
- We will not pass on your personal information to any other third parties.
- Limitation of Liability
- You acknowledge that certain classes may be physically strenuous, and you agree that you voluntarily participate in such classes with full knowledge that even if we are not negligent there is a risk of personal injury arising from your participation.
- You must ensure that you are fit and well enough to participate and you will always be responsible for your own health and well-being
- We will be responsible for any foreseeable loss or damage that you may suffer as a result of our breach of these Terms and Conditions or as a result of our negligence. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our breach or negligence or if it is contemplated by you or us when our contract is created. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable.
- If you bring any personal belongings to our premises, we do not undertake to keep them safe or provide a storage place for them. Their loss or damage will be at your own risk except where such loss or damage is due to any deliberate or negligent act by our staff. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage to your personal belongings caused by any other customer or visitor to our premises.
- If you have a complaint about our services, facilities or any staff member, please raise the matter with the Centre Manager at the Action Petz venue you are training at.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity of other provisions of these terms and conditions and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected.
- Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions and the relationship between you and us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws in England and Wales; and any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim between you and us relating to these Terms and Conditions (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR
1.1 It is not necessary to register with us in order to use most parts of this Website. [However, particular areas of this Website will only be accessible only if you have registered.]
USE OF WEBSITE
1.3 You may print and download material from this Website for your own personal use, provided that you do not modify or reproduce any content without our prior written consent.
SITE UP TIME
1.4 All reasonable measures are taken by us to ensure that this Website is operational all day, every day. However, occasionally technical issues may result in some downtime and accordingly we will not be liable if this website is unavailable at any time.
1.5 Where possible we always try to give advance warning of maintenance issues that may result in Website down time but we shall not be obliged to provide such notice.
VISITOR PROVIDED MATERIAL
1.7 When using this website, you shall not post or send to or from this Website any material:
a) for which you have not obtained all necessary consents;
b) that is discriminatory, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, liable to incite racial hatred, in breach of confidentiality or privacy, which may cause annoyance or inconvenience to others, which encourages or constitutes conduct that would be deemed a criminal offence, give rise to a civil liability, or otherwise is contrary to the law in the United Kingdom;
c) which is harmful in nature including, and without limitation, computer viruses, Trojan horses, corrupted data, or other potentially harmful software or data.
1.8 [We will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requiring us to disclose the identity or other details of any person posting material to this website in breach of Paragraph 1.7.]
LINKS TO AND FROM OTHER WEBSITES
1.9 Throughout this Website you may find links to third party websites. The provision of a link to such a website does not mean that we endorse that website. If you visit any website via a link on this Website you do so at your own risk.
1.10 Any party wishing to link to this website is entitled to do so provided that the conditions below are observed
a) you do not seek to imply that we are endorsing the services or products of another party unless this has been agreed with us in writing;
b) you do not misrepresent your relationship with this website; and
c) the website from which you link to this Website does not contain offensive or otherwise controversial content or, content that infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of a third party.
1.11 By linking to this Website in breach of clause 5.2 you shall indemnify us for any loss or damage suffered to this Website as a result of such linking.
1.12 Whilst we do take all reasonable steps to make sure that the information on this website is up to date and accurate at all times we do not guarantee that all material is accurate and, or up to date.
1.13 All material contained on this Website is provided without any or warranty of any kind. You use the material on this Website at your own discretion.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
1.14 We do not accept liability for any loss or damage that you suffer as a result of using this Website.
LAW AND JURISDICTION
Action Petz Limited
Unit 1, Nash Mead.
Queensway Meadows Industrial Estate.
Email: [email protected]
Registered office Tel: 01633 282221.
All images used on this website are for representation purposes only.