This agreement commences:
- As soon as you have indicated your acceptance of the centre membership, your membership starts immediately.
- You will be entitled to all the rights and privileges exercisable for the type of Membership chosen.
- You cannot transfer this agreement to anyone else.
REGISTRATION, FEES AND CHARGES
- By agreeing and paying your initial registration fee you agree to become an Action Petz member. Your membership with Action Petz becomes official on the date you choose to register with us and carries on independently of the type of membership you choose.
- All memberships incur a registration fee. This fee covers all the dogs living in the same household that are being registered at the same time.
- One-time access memberships require the payment of centre specific entry fees every visit.
- The Registration Fee (if one is payable) and first months’ membership fees are collected from you by us either by Debit / Credit card at the time of purchase. Registration fees are applied to cover the initial administrative costs associated with setting up a new membership and your dog’s temperament assessment.
- In accordance with our safety policies all dogs, regardless of membership type, are required to have a temperament reassessment on an annual basis. The cost of the annual reassessment is £10 per year per household. If during your membership term you add an additional dog(s) to your household additional temperament checks also cost £10. Newly adopted dogs over 3 months of age must have lived with you for a least six (6) weeks before they are registered and permitted entry.
- Your second recurring card payment for your Monthly membership fee only will be collected one month after you joined. Subsequent recurring card payments for monthly membership fees will be collected monthly thereafter. Each payment made is not refundable under any circumstances.
- If you fail to pay any amount due under this agreement for a period of more than thirty days, then we may pass the debt onto a third-party company for collection. The reasonable costs incurred in employing the third-party company will be borne by you including costs in tracing you should you have changed your address without telling us.
- If you fail to pay any monies due under this agreement or if any payment is returned unpaid or any cheque is returned unpaid or if any other form of payment is not honoured for whatever reason, you shall pay us on demand an administration fee of £25.
- From time to time Action Petz may need to increase the price of membership and associated services. We will give you at least 1 full months’ notice of any upcoming price increase, and we will make it clear when the price increase will take effect and how much your membership will cost after the increase. During this period, you will have your usual right to terminate your membership in accordance with the membership terms and conditions. If you do not terminate the membership by the date given to you in the notice then the price of your membership will be increased in accordance with our notice.
- You agree to advise us immediately of any change to the membership details provided.
- Registered dog owners must be 18 years of age or older.
- A £5.99 monthly charge is applied if you freeze your membership. Your membership can be on freeze for a maximum of 3 months after which your membership will automatically be un-frozen and will revert back to your monthly rate. Freeze only applies to monthly memberships and will start from your payment date. Please be aware this must be actioned at least 3 working days prior to your payment date.
- You agree to comply with the Rules of Membership which are displayed prominently in the Centre and relate to the use of facilities and your conduct. We may make reasonable changes to these rules at any time provided we give you advance notice of the change.
- If we take no action or let you off any breach of this agreement or give you extra time to pay or comply, it will not stop us enforcing the terms of this agreement strictly at a future date.
- We may assign the benefit of this agreement and our rights thereunder to a third party on notice to you. Your rights under this agreement will not be prejudiced.
- We may terminate this agreement with immediate effect on notice to you if you are in breach of the Centre Rules. In this event, you will not be liable to pay any further payments to us, provided such breach is not deemed by us to have occurred primarily in order to qualify you for a refund.
- We reserve the right to withdraw all or any part of our facilities for short periods of time to carry out routine maintenance and for exhibitions/events. Members will be given advance warning of these times and no refunds will apply in these circumstances provided they occasion no more than 10 times in any 12-month period. If other circumstances occur that are beyond our control and require the closure of whole or part of the facility for more than 7 days in any 12-month period, your membership may be frozen for the period of time that the centre/area is closed.
- We accept NO liability for lost or stolen goods whilst on our premises unless as a direct result of our negligence. Property left unattended is done so at your own risk. Cars parked outside the premises and all contents in them are your responsibility and we will not accept liability for loss or damage to them.
- In enrolling at Action Petz, members understand that using Action Petz and the facilities does so at his/her and the dog or dogs’ own risk. Action Petz and its owners, employees or agents, shall not be liable for any damage whatsoever arising from any personal injury or property loss sustained to the participant including his/her family/guests in or about any programs on the premises. Participants and dog owners assume full responsibility for all injuries and damages which occur in or about the premises, He/She does hereby fully and forever release discharged hold harmless Action Petz, all associated facilities and its owner, employees, and agents from any and all claims, demands, damages or rights of action, present or future resulting from any person’s participation in any programs or use of the facility.
- Exempt dogs under BSL (Breed Specific Legislation) are not permitted entry.
- By becoming an Action Petz member you agree and give Action Petz consent to store yours and your dog(s) personal details provided to us by you via our membership registration form. You are required to notify us of any changes to your personal and/or contact details, including your name, address and telephone numbers. You are also required to notify us immediately of any changes to your dog’s health, and medical history including any changes to your dog’s behaviour or temperament. Action Petz will never pass on or sell your personal information. Your membership information is stored in a secure database, we use this data for you and your dog(s) to gain access to our centre and to administer your membership account. At Action Petz we take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to:
– Administer your membership account.
– Provide you with the services you have requested from us.
– Ensure you gain access to our facility.
– Ensure all dogs in our centre enjoy a safe stay.
- Consent: I the undersigned parent/ dog owner or guardian/participant do hereby grant authority to the staff at Action Petz to render a judgement concerning medical assistance or hospital /veterinary care in the event of an accident or illness during my absence and all associated costs will be my responsibility. I do hereby authorise Action Petz and its assigns to utilise any and all photographs, pictures or other likenesses of me or anyone/dog assigned guardianship to me, as they deem appropriate in its promotional materials or team films.
- Should you wish to cancel your membership you are required to provide the Action Petz centre at which you are registered one months’ written notice. Written notices of cancellation can be provided via e-mail or letter.
- In the above circumstances, your membership will remain in force until the day before your next payment is due, at which point it will automatically terminate.
- If you cancel your monthly membership giving one months’ notice under the present Terms and Conditions and you wish to re-join at a later date, you will be required to pay the joining fee as well as the membership fee at the current price of the centre you have chosen on the day you re-join.
All memberships are NON-REFUNDABLE. In exceptional circumstances, you may be entitled to a full or partial refund of your membership only at the discretion of the centre manager and if there are reasonable grounds shown upon which a refund is the fairest and best solution for both you and us.
The 3-strike policy is designed to spot, identify and modify unwanted behaviours and patterns in dogs and dog owners that do not follow the park rules. We pride ourselves in safety, and in order to uphold our excellent safety record, we have implemented the following policy.
The objective of this policy is to make our centre a safe, comfortable and happy place for ALL dog owners and ALL staff, and to give all dogs the opportunity to play and exercise in a calm and fun environment.
- What grants a strike?
- Aggression from a dog toward other dogs/people.
- Out of control, rough play that might lead to injuries.
- Dogs that bully and harass other dogs and/or without suitable intervention from the owner.
- Excessive and out of control barking.
- Disruptive and out of control dogs that do not listen to owners and/or staff instructions.
- Dog owners that fail to follow our staff instructions.
- Dog owners not supervising their dog(s) and children.
- Dogs with issues over resources (possessiveness over toys/treats/people).
If you or your dog(s) present a behaviour granting a strike, you will be verbally informed by our staff (this will also be recorded in writing) and give you sufficient time to amend any issues.
If you or your dog keep presenting any of the issues that might grant a strike, you will be verbally informed and said strike will be recorded in our electronic database system as well as in writing.
Dogs and dog owners given their third strike must be retired immediately from the park. The Freedom Park and/or Day Care (evenings only) can be used as an alternative. A consultation with a qualified dog trainer and/or behaviourist can be arranged if you request it.