DOG DAY CARE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
As a Day Care and Boarding service for dogs, we ask you as the client to adhere to the following conditions:
- Action Petz reserves the right to make or change minor points or amendments in this agreement without notice to you, and to notify you by posting an updated version of these Terms on the website (actionpetz.com), at which point they will become immediately effective.
- I understand that, under the Control of Dogs Act 1992, my dog(s) must wear a collar and an identity tag and must be microchipped (NB. From March 2017, all dogs must be microchipped by law).
- I understand that my dog must have up-to-date vaccines and that vaccination certificates must be provided to Action Petz and any updates and/or changes on the vaccination certificates should be notified to the Centre Manager as soon as possible.
- I agree to worm and de-flea my dog(s) regularly as per recommended schedules.
- I understand that my dog, if not castrated, must not display excessive mounting, aggressive or marking behaviours and bitches must not be brought in when in season. We reserve the right to retire non-castrated males from our boarding facility if the behaviours mentioned above are persistent.
- I understand that my dog will be in an open play area and off the lead in suitable areas. I understand that during normal dog play and agility, dogs may sustain slight injuries. All dog play is monitored at Action Petz to avoid injury, but scratches, punctures, torn ligaments and other injuries may occur despite the best supervision.
- I understand that even if my dog is vaccinated against Bordetella (Kennel Cough) there is a chance that my dog can still contract Kennel Cough. I agree that I will not hold Action Petz responsible if my dog contracts Kennel Cough while attending Action Petz and I will comply with the prevention of cross-infection policy.
- I agree to notify Action Petz of any infectious or contagious disease that my dog has been exposed to or is affected by and agree to the Action Petz Dog Boarding Cancellation Policy and Prevention of Cross Infection Policy and these policies have been issued in writing to me.
- I agree to notify Action Petz of any changes regarding my personal contact details.
- I agree to notify Action Petz of any changes regarding my dog’s behaviour, training needs, health issues and/or any other relevant details that might affect my dog under the care of Action Petz.
- I understand and agree that my dog(s) will be re-assessed for Day Care/Boarding at the current Day Care/Boarding re-assessment fee if he/she has not used these services for 12 months since their last stay with us.
- I understand that I am responsible for any harm caused by my dog at Action Petz, whether to dogs or other patrons or staff. I shall indemnify and hold Action Petz harmless against any claims made against Action Petz or losses or damages of any kind suffered as a result of my dog. I understand and agree that in admitting my dog to Action Petz, that the staff has relied on my representation that my dog is in good health and has not harmed or shown aggressive or threatening behaviour towards any person or any other dog.
- To ensure my dog’s wellbeing, I agree to him/her going into the quiet area for rest periods when necessary.
- Action Petz reserves the right to withdraw any current promotions, deals, offers or discounts at any time.
- By becoming an Action Petz Day Care and/or Boarding user you agree and give Action Petz consent to store yours and your dog(s) personal details provided to us by you via the Day Care/Boarding registration form. Action Petz will never pass on or sell your personal information. Your membership information is stored in a secure database and we use this data for you and your dog(s) to gain access to our centre and to administer your membership account. At Action Petz we take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to:
- Administer your membership account.
- Provide you with the services you have requested from us.
- Ensure you gain access to our facility.
- Ensure all dogs in our centre enjoy a safe stay.
- Consent: I the undersigned parent/ dog owner or guardian/participant do hereby grant authority to the staff at Action Petz Limited to render a judgement concerning veterinary care in the event of an accident or illness during my absence. I do hereby authorise Action Petz Limited and its assigns to utilise any and all photographs, pictures or other likenesses of me or anyone/dog assigned guardianship to me, as they deem appropriate in its promotional materials or team films.
DOG DAY CARE: CANCELLATION, PREVENTION OF CROSS-INFECTION & FEEDING POLICY
A minimum of 24-hour notice must be given in which to cancel for Dog Day Care.
A minimum notice of 48 hours must be given in which to cancel for the Dog Resort.
Clients that do not show up without prior notice of cancellation or without exceptional circumstances will be required to pay the full cost of the time period that was missed. Any outstanding monies will need to be paid in full before further bookings are authorised.
Prevention of Cross Infection Policy:
Your dog(s) will not be accepted into day care if he/she is showing any signs of illness or infection EG: coughing, skin infections, parasite infections, sickness, diarrhoea, mucous discharge from eyes, ears, nose or genitalia.
If your dog/s shows any of the above signs or have any suspected illness they must not be brought into day care and the Centre Manager must be notified immediately.
Your dog/s will not be able to attend Day Care until they are symptom free and/or had notification from a Vet that they are able to return.
If you wish for us to feed your dog whilst in our care, please note the following:
- Your dog’s food container must be sealed in an airtight container (Tupperware style). This applies to all kinds of food (dry, wet, raw, mixed, etc.) as well as treats.
- The container’s lid must be clearly labelled with your dog’s name, last name and feeding time. Please check it is legible.
- We cannot accept feeding containers that do not follow the above specifications.
DAY CARE 3-STRIKE POLICY
At Action Petz, we pride ourselves in providing a safe, stable and caring environment that looks after the wellbeing of every dog in our care and our team. Additionally, we need to ensure dog owners are aware that, a as professional organisation, we have a set of policies in place that ensure not only the well-being of dogs, but also our team and our business in general. With this in mind, from July 2019 we will be implementing a 3-Strike Policy for Dog Day Care.
The 3-Strike Policy for Dog Day Care is designed to spot, identify and adjust unwanted behaviours and patterns in dog owners that do not follow the:
- Day Care Terms and Conditions.
- Day Care Prevention of Cross-infection Policy.
- Day Care Feeding Policy.
- Day Care Cancellation Policy.
Additionally, we want to remind dog owners that, in order to continue upholding our excellent safety record we will continue to monitor and record any issues, and behaviour patterns for all the dogs in our care. The objective of this policy is to make our Dog Day Care a safe, comfortable and happy place for ALL dogs and ALL staff.
What warrants a strike?
- Serious aggression from a dog toward other dogs/people.
- Dogs that bully and/or harass other dogs on a continuous basis.
- Dogs that present excessive and out of control barking.
- Disruptive and out of control dogs that do not listen to staff instructions.
- Dog owners that fail to follow our team feedback/instructions.
- Dogs with issues over resources (possessiveness over toys/treats/people).
- Dog owners that do not follow our Day Care Terms and Conditions.
- Dog owners that do not follow our Day Care Prevention of Cross-infection Policy.
- Dog owners that do not follow our Day Care Feeding Policy.
- Dog owners that do not follow our Day Care Cancellation Policy.
If you or your dog present a behaviour that warrants a strike, you will be verbally informed by our staff (this will also be recorded in writing) and given sufficient time to amend any issues.
If you or your dog keep presenting any of the issues that might warrant a strike, you will verbally be informed and said strike will be recorded in our electronic database system as well as in writing.
Dogs and dog owners given their third strike will not be allowed to use our Day Care services across any Action Petz centre.
Should our team deem it necessary, a consultation with a qualified dog trainer and/or behaviourist can be arranged if you request it.
Thank you for your understanding and for helping us to make our Dog Day Care a safe and happy place for all dogs!
The AP Team
ACTION PETZ EMERGENCY SERVICES DISCOUNT – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Definition: The emergency services discount is a new scheme created by Action Petz to provide a 20% discount on Day Care to those employed by the emergency services.
- Start date: Discount available from Wednesday, 31st of July 2019.
- Who qualifies? Employees and volunteers of the following services: 4×4 Response, Ambulance Service, Blood Bikes, British Army, Cave Rescue, Community First Responders, Fire Service, HM Armed Forces Veterans, HM Coastguard, HM Prison Services, Lowland Search and Rescue, MoD Fire Service, MoD Police, Mountain Rescue, NHS, Police, Red Cross, Reserve Armed Forces, RNLI, Royal Air Force, Royal Marines, Royal Navy, Search and Rescue, St Andrews Ambulance, St John Ambulance.
- Availability: The discount is valid all-year-round and applies strictly to Dog Day Care bookings.
- Exclusions: this discount excludes dog boarding services, day care assessment, day care half-day trial. This discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other in-centre deals or membership discounts.
- Claiming your discount: A current, non-expired, proof of employment/volunteering ID must be presented at the moment of paying for your dog’s day care.
- We reserve the right to withdraw this discount at any time.
- Our standard Day Care T&Cs and Day Care 3-Strike Policy (both specified above) apply for Dog Day Care bookings under the ActionPetz Emergency Services Discount.